Ever since Drake came along, we found ourselves a rapper with deep feelings. Fortunately for us, he wasn’t scared to share his feelings with the rest of the world, and boy, do we thank him for it. These ten Drake lyrics all make us want to be a better person, from donating to the needy to realizing that we’re really drinking like a sailor.
1. Realized I waited too long, but please don’t move on
Song: Sooner Than Later
We’ve all let that one person get away. It’s never too late to realize your mistake, is it Drake?
2. I’d probably go and tattoo your name on my heart
Sometimes you get caught up in the game, but when you find the right person, your actions speak louder than words. And what’s louder than a tattoo of his or her name?
3. I’m scared that every girl I care for will find a better man and end up happier in the long run
Song: Trey Songz f/ Drake Missing You (Remix)
It’s the fear of losing that other person that encourages you to make the right decisions. Drake knows the deal…
4. I never said it’d be fair/But when you’re all alone, I hope you truly know how bad I want to be there
Song: A Night Off
We can’t always be where we want to be, but sometimes the thought counts just as much… and here’s Drizzy showing us exactly what we need to say.
5. I pop bottles because I bottle my emotions
YASSS! We all do it… mask our feelings with a glass of wine… or ten. But we never want to admit it, do we? Sometimes we’ve got to put the glass down and deal with our emotions like responsible adults.
6. You telling me it’s only been a couple other people that you’ve been with/I’ma trust you, I’ma give you the benefit of the doubt, and I’ma love you
Be a better person and put a little trust in your significant other. Simple as that… life’s too short to constantly doubt people.
7. I need you to rescue me from my destiny/I’m trying to live right and give you whatever’s left of me
Song: Alicia Keys f/ Drake Unthinkable
Aren’t we all, Drake? Aren’t we all? We just want to live right and give whatever’s left of us too…
8. Donate a million to some children, that’s just how I’m feeling
Song: Furthest Thing
Don’t wait for the holidays to donate. There are wonderful causes for the needy, the sick, or even the near-extinct. Give to those less fortunate than you.
9. Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
Song: Over my Dead Body
Ugh! If we all just remembered this when we made stupid decisions. It’s because we love so hard that we get so crazy, isn’t it Drake?
10. All so convinced that you’re following your heart, cause your mind don’t control what it does sometimes.
Song: Take Care
What did we even do before Drake came along? It’s so easy to blame “the heart wants what it wants,” when in reality we stayed up all night weighing the pros and cons and knowingly made conscious decisions the next morning.